Monday, April 13, 2009

Vang Project 4

Title: Fantasies

Research: Youtube, Creative Cow, Google, etc.

Treatment: Making a video to show moving typography. I used a clip of Kevin Spacey giving a lecture from the movie, “The Life of David Gale.” I picked this quote because when I first heard it, I thought it was amazingly true. And I also figured everyone can relate to it in some way.

Analysis: The graphic design could have been easier on the eyes. Video also had nice usage of pictures. Color theory was minimally used, but held a nice effect. Animation isn’t the greatest, could have been smoother.

Conclusion: I am happy with the way it turned out. I wouldn’t mind doing more, preferably audios with more pep. This is to show typography through animation, which was something I overlooked. I was more focused on the animation than design. Looking forward to comments so that I can go back and redo the video.

11 comments:

  1. great job on the text, especially the movements
    great job on the film look
    great animation

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good. nice animations, nice use of pictures. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Linda. The black text got lost in the corners but I liked all the movements! Good job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good job. You said that your selection was boring, but the way that you did your typography made it very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pro:
    Good timing
    Great use of effects
    I liked the font changes for significant words

    Cons:
    audio was a little distorted

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great movements, visuals and articulation. It was a bit fast in a couple parts, and out of frame in others. Great job!

    ReplyDelete