Monday, April 13, 2009

Kinetic Typography

I chose a short clip from the movie Role Models. I gave the cashier and the man very straight plain texts mainly because it has a very dry humor to it, they are both different though. I gave the female voice a girly or fancy type font. I started out thinking I would use sentences, and that looked awful, so the beginning is not as good as the end so if anything this was excellent practice. I had to place my text where it looked like the sound wave would be a word and export it to hear how it matched up. The files I had grew and fast as I could think. It was the only way to hear, which is horrible! I got into a good pattern at the end though with judging the wave forms. I really think I could have done better with more time of course, but I took all the time I had. I do think it is decent though, I am proud enough to turn it in at least. Some of the pacing is a bit off, and I needed to use some color I think. I had the hardest time deciding how to animate the text. I never imagined it being so hard to decide where to place it all.

7 comments:

  1. positive
    -Good Timing

    negative
    -should have used some motion blur

    ReplyDelete
  2. good use of words
    good color
    good sound

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good text movements and use of color! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job, I really liked your choice of audio. Good job animating the text in sync with the audio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job. Cool choice. nice animations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good:
    1. Great animation!
    2. I liked the clip choice.
    3. Very smooth and professional!

    Negative (These really aren't negatives.)
    1. If you wanted to, you could make the text for each different speaker different colors.
    2. You could have added more effects.
    3. You could have added more blending modes.

    ReplyDelete