Monday, April 13, 2009

Kinetic Typography

I used a song for my project. The song is called Underdog by Spoon. I looked at a lot of youtube videos for examples. I wanted to keep it fairly simple since this was my first attempt at kinetic typography, I didn't want to get in over my head. This project turned out to be more difficult than I had anticipated. The words I imported distorted when I scaled them up, so I had to keep it simple. I did not use very many animations because the words go by so quickly that there was not a lot of time before the next group of words needed to come onscreen. I think I could have made my project much better if I had planed out what I wanted words to do a head of time. I kind of just dove in and started. I'm not very satisfied with my work on this project, I could have done better if I had planned better.

7 comments:

  1. Good song. The green text kind of blended into the sun background so it made it hard to read sometimes. Other than that good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job with the timing. I see what you were saying about the pixellation of the text. Still good though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good:
    1. Good song
    2. Nice images
    3. Good animation of words

    Bad (Not really)
    1. Green text wasn't very easy to read.
    2. You could have animated the text even more.
    3. You could add some more effects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good song, the words kind of blended in with the background, but other than that it was good

    ReplyDelete
  5. good background
    great movement with the words

    The green could have been darker and less fuzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool song. i think you could have incorporated a camera to make it more interesting.

    ReplyDelete