Monday, April 13, 2009

Beuoy_Kinetic Typography

Title: That's My King
Research: For my project I chose a famous sermon from pastor S.M. Lockridge. I had to find a good quality version of the sermon; which turned out to be more of a challenge than I thought due to the sermon being preached in the 1970s. But I found it and I began to storyboard.
Treatment: I knew from the start I wanted all my text to form a cross at the end. So it was just getting to that point that turned out to be the challenge.
Analysis: Overall I think my project is OK. I picked a powerful sermon for my audio and it needs a powerful video to coincide with it. I don't think my video fulfills that need but I do think it turned out ok. I need to add more effects and camera movements to keep it more fast paced. It needs a different background although what is more pretty than a perfect sunset?
Conclusion: Overall the only frustration I had was with the Adobe RAM Preview. Only getting to RAM preview in sections is a pain. The biggest pain was after I rendered my video. Some of the text movements that appeared medium speed during the RAM preview turned out to be very fast speed in real life. That is an pain as well. Overall I feel I learned more about After Effects, text layers, null objects, and time management through this project and I look forward to going back and working to make this project perfect this summer.

9 comments:

  1. great background
    great fonts
    great movements

    careful on the speed of some of the movements

    ReplyDelete
  2. for the words like GOD and LORD maybe change the color and effect it somehow, but other than that good project

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way it all came together in the end, nicely done, your church will be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice job, Great animations, nice concepts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good:
    1. I love the music in the background.(Maximas! Maximas! Maximas!)
    2. Nice image background
    3. Good animation

    Bad:
    1. Maybe you could have used different fonts.
    2. Maybe you could use blending modes.
    3. Maybe you could use effects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the layout at the end of the cross. Music also had a nice touch. good job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice job, the way that the words came in perfectly in sync with the audio and built into the cross at the end was a really creative way to utilize the possibilities offered by after effects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so great. it made my weep with the joy that only the innocent can truly have

    ReplyDelete