Monday, April 13, 2009

Kinetic Typography - Vaya Con Cornholio

Title: Vaya Con Cornholio
Research: Did a search on Cornholio, found youtube clip, captured the audio, trimmed it to what i wanted.
Treatment: I used fonts to match the attitudes of the characters, and then chose colors to go with the fonts, that best matched the attitueds of the characters. I went with fast movements, because this type of thing is boring otherwise.
Conclusion: This can be a cool addition to a project and can be valuable to my web design work for web advertisements, and maybe even short little commercials or assents in them. I learned how many years of time you can save when turning off all motion blurring while previewing, how to get a really quick, but cheap render for testing at final speeds, playing with things and trying to match up with the audio also helped me to understand the text animation system a little better also....now I'll cross my fingers and hope for a decent grade.

9 comments:

  1. good with the colors and and cascading effect. like the red white and blue words nice effect

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the background a lot! I can see that as a commercial for Bevis & Butthead (if they will put it back on television). Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good use of the different fonts to display the characters. I really liked the text scrolling really quickly across the screen when Beavis was rambling. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. typography was amazing! some of the animations were a bit fast to be read, but it plays well with the speed of the voice. cool bkgd, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job! very nice font choices. nice animations. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was badass. I thought the words moved too fast across the screen in a few parts... in some parts where Beavis is giggling it worked, but I don't think there is a legible way to do that.

    Anyways... Great animations, great timing, good font choices, great improvisation for the made up words! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic!
    1. Great use of 3D space!
    2. Great font choice!
    3. Very professional looking!

    I have no suggestions. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done, nice flow to it, I love Beavis's ranting in the background.

    ReplyDelete